Completion of the degree
To obtain the Master's degree, students must have completed 120 credits including those related to the final exam.
The final exam consists of the presentation and discussion of a text in English, which is prepared by the student with the guidance of a supervisor from among the professors and researchers belonging to UniTrento, or teaching professors of the degree course.
The criteria for definition of the composition of the final exam committee, of the procedures for submitting applications and of the final score, which is expressed in hundred-tenths (possibly cum laude), are established in the Educational Regulations of the University and in the specific Final Exam Regulations.
Within the deadlines indicated under the Degree sessions section, the student must complete all the steps of the online procedure on Esse3.
Thesis projects hosted in other institutions
The following rules apply to the students completing their Master's thesis project at a research institution not part of UniTrento.
- One of the supervisors has to be a professor or researcher at CIMeC or UniTrento. The student might decide to have a co-supervisor at the host institution.
- The CIMeC/UniTrento supervisor has to be substantially involved in the thesis project from the very beginning.
- The co-supervisor at the host institution has to be previously informed about the involvement of the CIMeC/UniTrento supervisor.
- The Master's thesis project should be approved by both supervisors before starting the Master's thesis research.
Thesis title declaration
Master's defense application
Master's thesis submission
|Tuesday, 25 July 2017||Monday, 15 May 2017||
Tuesday, 27 June 2017
(from Thursday, 01 June 2017)
|Tuesday, 18 July 2017|
|Thursday, 12 October 2017||Monday, 12 June 2017||
Thursday, 14 September 2017
(from Tuesday, 15 August 2017)
|Thursday, 5 October 2017|
|Wednesday, 13 December 2017||Friday, 11 August 2017||
Wednesday, 15 November 2017
(from Sunday, 15 October 2017)
|Wednesday, 6 December 2017|
|Tuesday, 21 March 2018||Tuesday, 21 November 2017||
Tuesday, 21 February 2018
(from Sunday, 21 January 2018)
|Wednesday, 14 March 2018|
Procedure for obtaining the title
Please consider the following important deadlines and information:
- All the steps of the procedure mentioned above are mandatory for obtaining the title.
- The thesis title declaration, the Master's defense application and the Master's thesis submission must be performed online in your personal area on Esse3, clicking on Degree award - Title obtainment.
- Each step of the procedure is mandatory in order to have access to the following step.
- Deadlines are set at 11:59 p.m. of the respective date; Deadlines are strictly mandatory, we can not make any exception.
- In case of technical problems, please contact helpdeskesse3 [at] unitn.it.
To do before the Master's defense
- Pay the MAV available on Esse3 after the submission of the Master's defense application (contribution of € 72.00)
- Submit the documents attesting the completion of your internship at least 10 days before the Master's defense
- Submit a hardcopy of the Master's thesis to the supervisor 10 days before the dissertation
- Send a summary of the Master's thesis to supportodidatticarovereto [at] unitn.it 7 days before the dissertation
All the forms are available in the folder 'Master's thesis defense' in the Download box.
Please note: students who graduate within the degree session of March 2018 (included) don't need to renew their enrollment to the current academic year; those students who are going to graduate in a later degree session must pay the tuition fees for the a.y. 2017/2018.
Below you can find some important information:
- The Committee's nomination-decree and the list of graduating students allowed to discuss the Master thesis is published around 7 days before the dissertation
- The decree includes the information about the time and the classroom where the Master's defense will take place
- Each candidate will have 15 minutes for presenting her/his thesis and, then, there will be 5 minutes for questions
- If you have a power point presentation and you want to try it, the classroom will be available the day before the Master's defense. If you need assistance, you will be able to contact a lab technician