The internship is a period of training done by the student within the degree program, in order to achieve moments of alternation between study and work and to facilitate future career developments. The Master Program in Cognitive Science foresees 15 university credits, amounting to 375 hours, for training activities.
To start the internship students must be enrolled in the second year and have already acquired 45 credits of the curriculum.
The internship can be done, consistent with the degree program, in two different modalities:
- internal internship: internship at the University of Trento;
- external internship: internship in a company or external centre/institute (contact the Job Guidance Office for more info about the Internship activation).
The training must comply with the following administrative procedures:
- The student will identify a university tutor (i.e., a member of the teaching staff in charge of the training project); the location will be a structure of the university (research laboratory, department, division...), in which the university tutor works.
- The university tutor and the student agree on a training proposal that defines the subject and the modalities of the training activity. This proposal will be submitted by the student to the Delegate for the Internship (Prof. Veronica Mazza) for approval; the student must submit the appropriate preliminary form to the Support Office for Students before starting the internship.
- At the end of the internship, the student is required to write a final report, which must be structured as follows:
• brief analysis of the activities performed in terms of organizational and technological/scientific issues, with specific motivations for any failure or partial achievement of the objectives of the internship;
• description of the objectives of the internship and analysis of their level of achievement;
• description of the activities carried out, of the methods and tools used.
- The evaluation of the internal internship activities will be formulated via a final judgment by the Responsible of the Center for the internships. The final report and the completion certificate must be submitted to the Support Office for Students for the recognition of the credits.
The forms for the Internal Internship are available in the Download box.
More infos are available in the Regulation on Internship in the Dowload box.
External internships absolved so far have been carried out in the following facilities:
- Azienda per il turismo Lagorai-Valsugana Orientale e Tesino-Società Cooperativa
- Azienda Provinciale per i Servizi Sanitari - Provincia Autonoma di Trento
- Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience - Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Centre of Language and Cognition - Groningen University
- Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum
- Donders Insitute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour - Radboud University Nijmegen
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
- Gate Lyon St. Etienne
- Ghent University
- Harvard Medical School - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Insitut de Neurosciences des Systemes
- Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience
- Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research
- University of California - San Francisco