Students intending to enroll on the first year of the Master’s Degree in International Security Studies – Studi sulla Sicurezza Internazionale (MISS) offered jointly by the School of International Studies of the University of Trento and the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies of Pisa – taught entirely in English - must be in possession of:
- A three-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded abroad, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good command of the English language (see below);
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than Italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German);
- A personal background with professional and vocational experience as well as academic qualifications appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
Applications from non-EU candidates must be submitted from 22 December to 23 March 2017 at 12 noon (italian time) by completing the online application form and attaching all documentation indicated in the Public Selection Call for Applications 2017/18 (available in the download box). Candidates who have not yet graduated when they submit their application are required to do so by 31 July 2017.
Applications from EU candidates must be submitted from 02 May to 13 July 2017 at 12 noon (italian time) by completing the online application form and attaching all documentation indicated in the Public Selection Call 2017/18 (available in the download box). Candidates who have not yet graduated when they submit their application are required to do so by 31 October 2017.
Students who are Italian or EU-citizens, or those of equivalent status, who expect to attain their bachelor’s degree before 31 October 2017 may still take part in the selection process. If a conditional offer is received, students will have to confirm their registration as soon as they graduate, or no later than 12.00 on 31 October 2017 in any case.
All candidates seeking admission to the selection procedure must complete the online form (“application online”), at the following link:
Students can submit their application both for MEIS than for MISS. If admitted to both master’s degrees, they will be allowed to choose to enrol to MEIS or to MISS.
To participate in the selection procedure, candidates must possess one of the following international language certificates dated not earlier than March 2015:
- IELTS: no skill lower than 5.5,
- TOEFL Internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based of TOEFL computer based): no skill lower than 21.
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.