The Master’s course in Cognitive Science leads to the Master’s degree in Cognitive Science (laurea magistrale), whose aim is to provide students with advanced theoretical and methodological knowledge in cognitive neuroscience and computational linguistics through an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the mind-brain system. Two characteristic features of this programme are: a close relationship between teaching and research practices, and a constant interplay between biology-based and technology-based explorations of the human mind and brain as well of the human ability to communicate through natural language.
The Master's course in Cognitive Science is entirely offered in English. Students choose between two tracks, to allow students to tailor their training to their academic interests:
- the Cognitive Neuroscience (CN) track combines courses in cognitive neuroscience, neurobiology, statistics and experimental methodology, computer programming, advanced signal and data analysis with hands-on training in brain imaging and brain stimulation techniques
- the Language and Multimodal Interaction (LMI) track combines introductory computer science courses with courses on formal linguistics at various levels and provide students with an overview of well-established computational linguistics topics as well of research topics dominating the field nowadays. It also offers courses on language and the brain.
The Master's course offers various international experiences:
- is part of a joint program with the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati di Trieste (SISSA)
- and of the Erasmus Mundus Program in Language and Communication Technologies (LCT)
- it also offers a double degree program with Osnabrück University (Germany)
- and it supports student exchanges with various European prestigious universities in the cognitve science and computational linguistics field.
Why not come to Rovereto?
Open Day video
CIMeC Graduate Program in Cognitive Science Open day video: learn about admission procedures and requirements, joint programs and summer schools, professional and research opportunities, receive an introduction to the CIMeC laboratories and meet students, teachers and administrative staff.
Testimonial - Alumni