The internship is a period of training done by the student within the degree program, in order to achieve moments of alternation between study and work and to facilitate future career developments. The Master Program in Cognitive Science foresees 15 university credits, amounting to 375 hours, for training activities.
To start the internship students must be enrolled in the second year and have already acquired 45 credits of the curriculum.
The internship can be done, consistent with the degree program, in two different modalities:
- internal internship: internship at the University of Trento (see below for more details);
- external internship: internship in a company or external centre/institute in Italy (Job Guidance office) and abroad (International Mobility Staff)
More infos are available in the Regulation on Internship on the web page Rules and regulations.
The training must comply with the following administrative procedures:
- The student will identify a university tutor (i.e., a member of the teaching staff in charge of the training project); the location will be a structure of the university (research laboratory, department, division...), in which the university tutor works.
- The university tutor and the student agree on a training proposal that defines the subject and the modalities of the training activity. This proposal will be submitted by the student to the Delegate for the Internship (Prof. Veronica Mazza) for approval; the student must submit the appropriate preliminary form to the Support Office for Students before starting the internship.
- At the end of the internship, the student is required to write a final report, which must be structured as follows:
• brief analysis of the activities performed in terms of organizational and technological/scientific issues, with specific motivations for any failure or partial achievement of the objectives of the internship;
• description of the objectives of the internship and analysis of their level of achievement;
• description of the activities carried out, of the methods and tools used.
- The evaluation of the internal internship activities will be formulated via a final judgment by the Responsible of the Center for the internships. The final report and the completion certificate must be submitted to the Support Office for Students for the recognition of the credits.
The forms for the Internal Internship are available in the Download box.