The internship is a period of training done by the student within the degree program, in order to achieve moments of alternation between study and work and to facilitate future career developments. The Master Program in Cognitive Science foresees 15 university credits, amounting to 375 hours, for training activities.
To start the internship students must be enrolled in the second year and have already acquired 45 credits of the curriculum.
Internship is carried out in a company or external centre/institute in Italy.
For opportunities and how-to, please refer to the UniTrento Job Guidance Office:
choosing and starting an internship in Italy with UniTrento Job Guidance.
In order to carry out a traineeship abroad students have to apply for an international mobility call. Please note that the internship abroad must be at least 3 months long.
The internal internship is carried out in the facilities of the University of Trento (research laboratories, departments, divisions...). If you are interested in doing your internship in a CIMeC lab, please see the CIMeC Research Group page. Here is described the administrative procedure for the internal internship
Request for the beginning of the internal internship:
The student will identify a university tutor (i.e., a member of the teaching staff in charge of the training project). The location will be a structure of the university (research laboratory, department, division...), in which the university tutor works.
The university tutor and the student agree on a Training proposal that defines the subject and the modalities of the training activity. The tutor signs the Internal internship preliminary form.
The student must fill in the online Application for the beginning of the internal internship and attach the two forms:
the Internal internship preliminary form
the Training proposal
The online application, with the two forms attached, is submitted to the approval of the internal Internship Delegate Professor Moritz Wurm.
Go to the Beginning of the internal internship request
Request for the conclusion of the internal internship
- At the end of the internship, the student is required to write a Final report, which must be structured as follows:
- brief analysis of the activities performed in terms of organizational and technological/scientific issues, with specific motivations for any failure or partial achievement of the objectives of the internship
- description of the objectives of the internship and analysis of their level of achievement
- description of the activities carried out, of the methods and tools used.
- The evaluation of the internal internship and of the final report activities must be approved by the university tutor, which signs the Internal internship completion form.
- The student must fill in the online Application for the conclusion of the internal internship and for the recognition of credits and attach
- the Final report and
- the Completion certificate
- The Application for the approval of the Internal Internship Delegate Professor Moritz Wurm.
Go to the Conclusion of internal internship request.