In order to be admitted to the two-year Master’s degree course in International Security Studies – Studi sulla Sicurezza Internazionale (MISS) applicants are required to have a Bachelor degree and some requirements for admission.
- A three-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded abroad, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good command of the English language (see below);
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language (at least A2 level), other than Italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German);
- A personal background with professional and vocational experience as well as academic qualifications appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
There are two calls:
- First call: from 21st November 2019 to 20th February 2020 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For non-EU citizens resident abroad
- Second call: from 5th March 2020 to 30th June 2020 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For Italian, EU-citizens and non-EU citizens permanent resident in Italy
To participate in the selection procedure, candidates must possess one of the following international language certificates dated not earlier than March 2018:
- IELTS: no skill lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based of TOEFL computer based): no skill lower than 21
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.
The University of Trento offers a comprehensive and personalized assistance to international students. The International Mobility Office provides support during the important phases of pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival to the University of Trento. More information can be found at Services and facilites page for international students.