Students intending to enroll on the first year of the Master’s Degree in International Security Studies – Studi sulla Sicurezza Internazionale (MISS) offered jointly by the School of International Studies of the University of Trento and the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies of Pisa – taught entirely in English - must be in possession of:
- A three-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded abroad, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good command of the English language (see below);
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language (at least A2 level), other than Italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German);
- A personal background with professional and vocational experience as well as academic qualifications appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
To participate in the selection procedure, candidates must possess one of the following international language certificates dated not earlier than March 2017:
- IELTS: no skill lower than 5.5,
- TOEFL Internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based of TOEFL computer based): no skill lower than 21.
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.
Application academic year 2019/2020
First call: from November 20 2018 to February 20 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For citizens of non-EU countries living abroad
Second call: from March 04 2019 to June 28 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For Italian citizens, citizens of the EU and non-EU citizens living in Italy.
The University of Trento offers a comprehensive and personalized assistance to international students. The International Mobility Office provides support during the important phases of pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival to the University of Trento. More information can be found at Services and facilites page for international students.