In order to be admitted to the two-year Master’s degree course in International Security Studies – Studi sulla Sicurezza Internazionale (MISS) applicants are required to have a Bachelor degree and some requirements for admission.
- A three-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded elsewhere, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good command of the English language (see below);
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language (at least A2 level), other than Italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German. Please note that in order to graduate MISS students must reach a B2 level for the second language. While the University can organise B2 exams for Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian, currently we do not offer courses beyond A2 in these languages);
- A personal background with professional and vocational experience as well as academic qualifications appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
Admission academic year 2022/2023
There are two calls:
- First call: from 15th December 2021 to 4th March 2022 at 12.00 (UTC+1)
For non-EU citizens resident abroad (5 places)
- Second call: from 5th March 2022 to 30th June 2022 at 12.00 (UTC+2)
For Italian, EU-citizens and non-EU citizens permanently residing in Italy (22 places)
After submitting the application to the MISS, candidates can apply for the admission at level 2nd courses at Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies.
The call 22/23 is now open. Deadline June 30, 2022 at noon.
To participate in the selection procedure, candidates must possess one of the following international language certificates dated not earlier than March 2020:
- IELTS: no skill lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based of TOEFL computer based): no skill lower than 21
- CAMBRIDGE B2 FIRST: no skill lower than 165
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate.
The University of Trento offers a comprehensive and personalized assistance to international students. The International Mobility Office provides support during the important phases of pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival to the University of Trento. More information can be found at Services and facilites page for international students.