- Level: Master's Degree
- Italian classification: LM-17
- Language: English
- Admission: Access subject to the verification of the admission requirements
- Location: Department of Physics, via Sommarive 14, 38123 Povo (TN) - Italy
The Master of Science in Physics aims at:
- providing a deep and flexible education in the various areas of modern physics, its theoretical and experimental aspects and its applications, with particular attention to the recent developments of research and technology.
- providing the cultural foundations, the technical abilities, the full control of the scientific research method that are needed to get in touch with the recent research frontiers studied in the Department, and give a personal contribution with the Master’s Thesis work.
- promoting scientific and technological innovation by a direct research experience in the areas studied in the Department and also by international collaborations.
Once graduated with a MSc in Physics, students will manage to work autonomously and to take charge of projects and schemes in the fields of research and scientific and technological innovation. Students will be also able to employ their knowledge and skills for the planning of sophisticated measuring instruments and for the modeling of complex systems.
Professional profiles and Career opportunities
Students who have graduated with a MSc in Physics have received a specific training in problem solving techniques and developed their familiarity with sophisticated experimental and computational tools, which make them competitive in a wide range of sectors of the labour market, e.g. finance, informatics, medicine, politics and public administration.
The Master’s degree programme in Physics also provides the necessary training and knowledge to undertake any PhDs in Physics or in any Physics-related subjects, for those thinking of pursuing an academic or research career.
The University of Trento offers the following PhD programmes