The two-year CIMeC Master’s in Cognitive Science provides students with advanced theoretical and methodological knowledge in behavioural, cognitive and computational neuroscience and computational linguistics through an interdisciplinary approach to the study of the mind-brain system. The program emphasises the interplay between biology-based and technology-based explorations of the human mind and a close relationship between teaching and research.
Students choose among three tracks. The tracks share some common basic courses including introduction to cognitive neuroscience, basic programming, research designs and statistical analysis, and a selection of specialized courses that allow students to tailor their training to their academic interests.
- Cognitive Neuroscience (CN)
- Computational and theoretical modelling of Language and Cognition (CLC)
- Fundamental Behavioural Neuroscience (FBN)
More details on the programme's structure at page Course content.
The Master's course offers various international experiences:
- is part of a joint program with the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati di Trieste (SISSA)
- and of the Erasmus Mundus Program in Language and Communication Technologies (LCT)
- it also offers a double degree program with Osnabrück University (Germany)
- and it supports student exchanges with various European prestigious universities in the cognitve science and computational linguistics field.
Why not come to Rovereto?
Open Day video
CIMeC Graduate Program in Cognitive Science Open day video: learn about admission procedures and requirements, joint programs and summer schools, professional and research opportunities, receive an introduction to the CIMeC laboratories and meet students, teachers and administrative staff.
Testimonial - Alumni