- Level: Bachelor's degree
- Italian classification: L8 Class of Bachelor’s degree programme in Information Engineering
- Teaching language: Italian and English
- Admission: Public selection
- Location: Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, Via Sommarive 5 - 38123 Trento (Povo), Italy
The Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Computer, Communications and Electronic Engineering combines three major disciplines in the Information Engineering class (L8) offered in various Italian universities (Computer Engineering, Information and Communications Engineering, Electronic Engineering) in such a way that these programs share an interdisciplinary core of subjects.
The programme provides two curricula, one in Italian and one exclusively in English, with the same educational content but a slightly different articulation:
The Bachelor's degree in Computer, Communications and Electronic Engineering aims to train professionals with general skills in the Information Engineering area and, depending on the chosen orientation, specific skills in the field of Information technology, telecommunications and electronics.
The learning areas interested are:
- area of mathematical and physical disciplines
- area of economic disciplines and business organization
- area of IT disciplines
- area of technologies and systems for telecommunications
- area of electronic devices and circuits.
In addition to the basic courses in these topics, specialization courses are added for the acquisition of greater methodological or professionalizing skills.
The course of study is strongly project-based: it is based on the use of didactic tools of the laboratories and promotes activities for the design of devices and software.
The Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Communications and Electronic Engineering aims to train engineers with specific skills in the fields of Information and Communications Technology (ICT). ICT is an engine of economic growth; in this sector added value and employment grow at a much higher rate than in the total industry. The professional figure to be trained corresponds to an engineer who is able to work in a team and address and solve problems, according to the chosen study path, in the fields of information technology, telecommunications and electronics, using methods, techniques and innovative tools.
This professional figure responds to the needs of the labor market, which often does not require specialization limited to a single sector, but rather a non-superficial understanding of the systems, methodologies and technologies of the entire information area, as well as the ability to grasp relations between the various disciplines and to deal professionally with interdisciplinary problems.
The degree program pursues a training plan consistent with the profile of the following professional figures:
- Graduate Software Systems Technicians
- Graduate Information Processing Systems Technicians
- Graduated telecommunications technicians
- Designers of systems for processing and receiving-transmission of information
- Electronic graduated technicians
- Digital architectures and systems designers
- Analogue and signal conditioning circuit designers
- Hardware / software developers of embedded and integrated systems.
According to the professional opportunities classified by ISTAT, graduates in Computer, Communications and Electronics Engineering can undertake one of the following professions:
- Electronics Engineers - (188.8.131.52.1)
- Design engineers of computers and their peripherals - (184.108.40.206.2)
- Telecommunications engineers - (220.127.116.11.3)
- Computer, telematic and telecommunications technicians - (3.1.2).
The ICE bachelor’s degree allows to achieve National Qualification and enroll in the Professional Register for the following professions:
- Junior Information Engineer
- Graduated Industrial Expert.
The Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Communications and Electronic Engineering (ICE) provides the necessary knowledge to directly access the master's degrees offered by the University of Trento:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Master's Degree in Information and Communications Engineering
- Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Master's Degree in Data Science
- Master's Degree in Quantitative and Computational Biology - UniTrento
- Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction
- Master's Degree in Mechatronic Engineering.
In Italy also offers direct access to master's degrees in Computer Engineering and Electronic Engineering.