In order to be admitted to the two-year Master’s degree course in European and International Studies (MEIS) applicants are required to have :
- A three or four-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded abroad, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good level of English;
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German);
- A personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
Admission academic year 2022/2023
There are two calls:
First call: from 15th December 2021 to 4th March 2022 at 12.00 (UTC+1)
For non-EU citizens resident abroad
Second call: from 5th March 2022 to 30th June 2022 at 12.00 (UTC+2)
For Italian, EU-citizens and non-EU citizens permanent resident in Italy
To participate in the selection procedure it is necessary to have one of the following international language cerficates with a date not earlier than March 2020:
- IELTS: overall score of 6.0 (no skill lower than 6.0);
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 (maximum one skill between 5.5 and 6.0);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 88 (no skill lower than 22);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 90 (maximum one skill between 20 and 22).
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE): minimum total score of 180 (no skill under 176)
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Exemptions: Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) from a university where tuition is entirely in English in an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA, South Africa or Switzerland, are not required to submit an English Language certificate
Preparing for the MEIS
A digital self-evaluation test can be found at the link below. This test will help you to identify any gaps in your knowledge of the relevant disciplines:
Self-evaluation test prior to entry to the master's in European and International Studies
In the download box you can find a list of recommended reading texts to help fill these gaps and thus prepare for study on the Master's Degree in European and International Studies (MEIS).
If you require any additional information or advice on how to best prepare for studying on the MEIS, the programme tutor can be contacted at tutor [at] sis.unitn.it.
The University of Trento offers a comprehensive and personalized assistance to international students. The International Mobility Office provides support during the important phases of pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival to the University of Trento. More information can be found at Services and facilites page for international students.