August, 21st 2019 - Call for late applications
Admission, requirements and applying
Students intending to enrol on the first year of the Master’s Degree in European and International Studies (MEIS) – taught entirely in English - must be in possession of:
- A three or four-year bachelor’s degree (180 credits) awarded in Italy, or other qualification recognised as equivalent awarded abroad, which includes the equivalent of at least 60 course credits from at least two of the following disciplinary areas: History and Philosophy, Economics, Law, Political science, Sociology or Foreign Languages;
- A good level of English;
- Basic knowledge of a second foreign language, other than italian, from among those offered at the University of Trento ((Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German);
- A personal background with suitable professional vocational and academic experience appropriate to the interdisciplinary nature of the degree course.
To participate in the selection procedure it is necessary to have one of the following international language cerficates with a date not earlier than March 2017:
- IELTS: overall score of 6.0 (no skill lower than 6.0);
- IELTS: overall score of 6.5 (maximum one skill between 5.5 and 6.0);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 88 (no skill lower than 22);
- TOEFL internet-based (or equivalent TOEFL paper based and computer based): minimum total score of 90 (maximum one skill between 20 and 22).
If you do not currently possess a valid language certificate, you will need to act promptly. Bear in mind that testing bodies have fixed examination schedules and take a certain length of time to issue certificates.
Candidates who have gained their degree (Bachelors or Master’s) from a university where the tuition takes place entirely in English in either an EU country or in Australia, Canada, Norway, New Zealand, Russia, the USA or Switzerland, are not required to produce an English Language certificate.
Application academic year 2019/2020
First call : from November 20 2018 to February 20 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For citizens of non-EU countries living abroad
Second call: from March 04 2019 to June 28 2019 at 12.00 (GMT+1)
For Italian citizens, citizens of the EU and non-EU citizens living in Italy
Call for late applications: from August 22 2019 to September 6 2019
Preparing for the MEIS
A digital self-evaluation test can be found at the link below. This test will help you to identify any gaps in your knowledge of the relevant disciplines:
Self-evaluation test prior to entry to the master's in European and International Studies
In the download box you can find a list of recommended reading texts to help fill these gaps and thus prepare for study on the Master's Degree in European and International Studies (MEIS).
If you require any additional information or advice on how to best prepare for studying on the MEIS, the programme tutor can be contacted at tutor [at] sis.unitn.it.
The University of Trento offers a comprehensive and personalized assistance to international students. The International Mobility Office provides support during the important phases of pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival to the University of Trento. More information can be found at Services and facilites page for international students.